|Easy Asparagus Recipe|
Ingredients for Asparagus Sautéed with Garlic and Mushrooms
- 1 Pound Fresh, Young Asparagus Spears, trimmed and chopped into one inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder or 1 clove fresh, minced garlic
- 8 oz. Portabella Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare the Asparagus and Mushrooms. Add the asparagus pieces and sliced mushrooms to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the Olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat the sauté pan. In a medium skillet or sauté pan, add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and swirl to coat. Preheat the pan over medium heat until oil is hot but not smoking. Don’t worry, if you overheated the olive oil! If your oil smokes before you realize—simply let it cool for a couple of minute before proceeding.
- Sauté the Vegetables. Add the asparagus and mushrooms. Sauté over medium to medium high heat until asparagus is crisp tender and slightly brown. Mushrooms will be cooked through. Generally about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to season. Add garlic to sauté pan and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve. Sautéed asparagus must be served warm for best taste. Since it only takes a few minutes to prepare, it’s best to prepare it during the last few minutes of meat preparation—or simply keep other dishes warm while sautéing the asparagus side dish.
Check out my other online asparagus related articles and posts:Grilled Asparagus Recipes at Made Manual
5 Tips for Choosing and Using Fresh Asparagus