I use this coleslaw recipe alot--especially when fresh cabbage is in season. It's really almost just as easy as a commercial coleslaw dressing from a jar (and it tastes lots better!)
Ingredients for a Quick and Easy Coleslaw recipe:
- 1 (16 oz.) Bag of Cabbage/Carrot Coleslaw Mix (or a small head of cabbage, cored and shredded or diced with ½ c. shredded fresh carrots)
- 1 c. Kraft Real Mayonnaise (Sometimes I substitute low fat or fat free styles—but, for coleslaw, I always use Kraft brand Mayo for the dressing! This is one of the few brand named ingredients that I insist upon. I only use Kraft Mayo for both my coleslaw and my grandma's potato salad recipe--and in my Grandma's chocolate cake recipe!)
- 2 Tbsp. Milk (Whole, 2% or Skim work equally well)
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 Green Onions, with green tops—finely diced
- 1/8 tsp. Celery Seed, Optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste--but, optional
- Combine the dressing ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, sugar and vinegar. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Mix up the coleslaw. To a large mixing bowl, add the coleslaw mix (or cabbage and carrots) and the green onions, mixing to combine. Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss with a fork to coat the vegetables with the dressing.
- Garnish and serve. Place the coleslaw into the desired serving dish and sprinkle with the celery seed. Offer salt and pepper if desired.
Serve chilled for use as a topping for burgers, sandwiches or wraps or serve as a side dish to your favorite meal. Works great for potlucks as well!