- 1 Box Cake Mix (prepared and baked according to directions for cupcakes). We opted for chocolate.
- 1 c. Nestle Mint & Chocolate Baking Chips (If you cannot find these specialty mint & chocolate baking chips--add 1/4 tsp. mint extract to the batter with 1 c. regular semi sweet chocolate morsels.)
- 1 Container Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting (or any other light frosting that can be tinted with green food coloring)
- Green Food Coloring (I use gel coloring--it's easier for the girls to handle!)
- Sprinkles (Have green sugar or sprinkles leftover from Christmas cookies?)
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows (We used the rainbow and clover marshmallows for our cupcakes.)
- Gold Cupcake Sugar (If the kids would like a little gold dust at the end of their rainbows!)
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Cupcake Cups, and Bake. Bake Cupcakes according to cake mix recipe (or your favorite homemade recipe). We frequently buy seasonal, paper cupcake liners--but, we opted for plain green pastels for these cupcakes.
- Cool Cupcakes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely on wire cooling racks.
- Color Frosting. Add 4-5 drops green food coloring, or about 1/2 inch stream of gel coloring to a bowl of frosting. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add more food coloring if a darker, green color is desired.
- Frost and Decorate Cupcakes. We skip the fancy decorator bags and frosting tips when the kids are cooking. The girls simply dip the tops of the cupcakes into a bowl of frosting, twist slightly, and then smooth the frosting onto bare spots with the back of a coffee spoon. Allow the kids to decorate as desired.
Recipe for Fun website, register and enter the Ultimate Mess Party Sweepstakes for a chance to win $10,000 toward and ultimate family party. You may also enter your own recipe for fun for extra chances to win.
Every Recipe For Fun needs a Recipe For Clean. That’s why Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner with the combination of cleaner and the disinfecting power of Clorox Bleach lets you spray away messy play. So no matter how big a mess you make of it, Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner Cleaner with Bleach can be used throughout your house to quickly and effectively clean, disinfect, and deodorize.
Just by registering, you’ll receive one sweepstakes entry into the grand prize for a chance to win $10,000 toward an Ultimate Mess Party. With $10,000, you and your family could get everything you need to enjoy the wettest, sudsiest, paintiest, muddiest party of all time. From a colossal cooking party to a monumental mud volleyball party, you choose the mess and let Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner do the rest.
Share your Recipe For Fun and receive 10 extra grand prize entries! And as a “thanks” for sharing, you can get a $1.00 coupon on Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner for your first recipe.
Follow Clorox on Twitter