Our entire family adores our dog, Max. Because we want many, many more years with Max, we put a lot of importance on Max’s diet. I know that my human family functions so much better when we enjoy a natural, balanced diet. It’s just as important for Max to have healthy, natural dog food—one more closely resembling the foods that he would enjoy in nature. We wanted to share one of our favorite natural pet food brands, Wellness®—and offer our readers the opportunity to learn more about this natural, dog food option. Are you ready to #checkyourbag?
Why consider a natural dog food? If your dog is like ours, he will probably eat just about anything—whether he should or not! The old, “you are what you eat” saying rings true for humans as well as man’s best friend. When our dog eats filler loaded, commercial, dog food—he is sluggish and just seems much older than his 5 years!
According to Dr. Al Townshend, staff Veterinarian at Wellness® Pet Food “natural diets offer ingredients with some important health benefits such as probiotics, those good bacteria that are essential for a healthy immune system and digestive tract; glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health; omega-3 fatty acids or fish oils for heart and kidney health; and added digestive supplements to enhance digestibility to get the very best benefits from quality proteins and fats.”
Natural dog food offers so many benefits to a healthy, happy dog.
Why Wellness® Natural Dog Food?Wellness® uses natural, high-quality proteins and fats in their dog food. Along with the addition of fruits and vegetables, which provide natural vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, the Wellness® blends are some of the healthiest pet food options available commercially. Wellness® dog foods skip artificial colors, flavors or ingredients—and offer consumers a “Check Your Bag” website to compare the Wellness® brand of dog food to other “natural” competitors.
A few benefits to Wellness® Complete Health® Recipes include:
• Live Active Probiotics – Added after the cooking process to promote a healthy intestinal tract and overall digestive health at guaranteed levels
• Omega 3 & 6 Mix – Offering guaranteed levels of essential fatty acids for cellular function and healthy skin
• Essential Vitamins & Minerals – Designed for cellular health, immunity and disease resistance
• Fruit & Veggie Antioxidants – A proactive step in improving your pet’s nutrition
• Rigorous Safety Testing – A Quality Assurance program that maintains strict standards for food safety
• Excellent Nutritional Standards – Every batch of dry food is tested throughout the entire manufacturing process, from its basic ingredients to the finished products.
We have often used Wellness® pet food for our cats--and, as our family continues to strive for better health and natural foods--it only seemed natural that Max's food bowl see something healthier too. He's worth it!